ÀÖ²¥´«Ã½

Manuscripts and Special Collections

Presbytery of ÀÖ²¥´«Ã½

The Presbytery was a regional body made up of representatives from local Presbyterian churches. In Europe, the same organisation is known as a 'classis'. A Presbyterian classis was established in ÀÖ²¥´«Ã½ in 1654, and its minute book survives in the High Pavement collection (Hi 2 M 1).

The later Presbytery of ÀÖ²¥´«Ã½ appears, from the surviving records, to have been established in 1918 as a division of the Presbyterian Church of England. It was dissolved in 1972 following the merger of the Presbyterian Church of England with the Congregational Church to form the United Reformed Church.

 

Records

One minute book of the Presbytery of ÀÖ²¥´«Ã½, 1944-1972, is held at The ÀÖ²¥´«Ã½ in the  (NLM/1)

The University also holds copies of 'The Beacon', the news-sheet of the Presbytery of ÀÖ²¥´«Ã½ Fellowship of Youth, Jan. 1956-Dec. 1960, in the (AU/So 4/10/1-13)

A further three volumes of minutes of the Presbytery of ÀÖ²¥´«Ã½, 1919-1929; 1929-1937; and 1937-1972, are held at (NC/IR16/1-4)

 

Next page: Paton Congregational College, ÀÖ²¥´«Ã½

Manuscripts and Special Collections

Kings Meadow Campus
Lenton Lane
ÀÖ²¥´«Ã½, NG7 2NR

telephone: +44 (0) 115 951 4565
fax: +44 (0) 115 846 8651
email: mss-library@nottingham.ac.uk