ÀÖ²¥´«Ã½

Manuscripts and Special Collections

Thorneywood Congregational Church, ÀÖ²¥´«Ã½

Thorneywood Congregational Church was founded as a daughter church of Castle Gate Congregational Church in 1861. Its buildings were on Thorneywood Lane - the Carlton Road end of the modern Porchester Road in ÀÖ²¥´«Ã½. The church closed after the service on 18 February 1968, and has since been demolished.

 

Records

The few surviving are held in the Castle Gate collection at The ÀÖ²¥´«Ã½ (CU/Z2). They comprise minutes of Trustees' meetings, 1883-1893; minutes of Church meetings, Quarterly Meetings and Mission Committee meetings, 1925-1967; a church membership roll from the 1930s or 1940s; a Sunday School admission register, 1909-1914; minutes of Sunday School Teachers' meetings, 1890-1949; and miscellaneous printed items.

 

Registers

One original register from Thorneywood Congregational Church is held in the Castle Gate collection:

  • Baptism register, 1925-1964 (CU/Z2/6)

 

Next page: Norton Street Congregational Church, ÀÖ²¥´«Ã½

Manuscripts and Special Collections

Kings Meadow Campus
Lenton Lane
ÀÖ²¥´«Ã½, NG7 2NR

telephone: +44 (0) 115 951 4565
fax: +44 (0) 115 846 8651
email: mss-library@nottingham.ac.uk